When you are in your 50s you realize that you shouldn’t have worried about many things like you did when you were younger.
1. Before turning 50, many wives freak out when they don’t have intercourse with their husbands for weeks. They start worrying that there’s something wrong with their marriage, they suspect their husbands are having an affair. According to the books, married couples have intercourse about 58 times a year…but when you are 50 you realize that it`s not easily calculated or counted. If you don’t feel like having it, that’s ok, because that’s probably just a dry period which will eventually pass.
2. When you‘re young, all you think about is how you look and what to wear. You buy stuff no matter whether they are practical, necessary or comfortable. But when you are in your 50s, you realize that you don’t need 100 bags in different colors but one black that matches almost everything, with plenty of pockets so you could organize your stuff better.
3. When it comes to shoes, young women would buy plenty in different colors, materials, high heels, uncomfortable…tight….but in your 50s you just want to wear something comfortable.
4. When you are 50 you don’t care if you are the last person on Earth who hasn’t watched the Game of Thrones. You simply realize that you needn’t have to be obsessed with something you aren’t even interested in.
5. When you are 50 you give yourself over to the things that make you happy and satisfied – you’re not afraid to admit that you still enjoy in a big jar of hamburger dill chips or in Barry Manilow.
6. In your 50s you spend your time out only with the people you really want to be around.
7. When you’re in your 50s, you realize that there is nothing wrong if you want to stay at home for the weekend and watch movies with a glass or a bottle of wine.