Warning: The images below are graphic, so if you don`t have the stomach for it maybe you should not scroll any further down.
But if you are curious, keep on going because the story here told by Dana Sedgewick is something that every woman needs to hear. She is speaking out openly about how she almost lost her legs and her life to a deadly infection, caused by one of the most common hygiene habits – shaving.
While shaving her pubic area, she cut herself with a brand new razor and almost immediately a red rash appeared on her lags that turned black in no time because of a flesh-eating infection known as necrotizing fasciitis.
Not knowing what’s happening to her body, Dana was taken to the hospital where doctors started to remove the rotting skin. Things went from bad to worse when she developed sepsis and was placed in a coma. Dana was given only a 30% chance of survival.
Somehow she manages to survive even after her heart stopped four times and a kidney failure.
Here is what she told the Daily Mail in a recent interview: “Like a lot of women, I tried to keep a tidy bikini line. So I had a quick trim with a new razor, but over the weekend, I felt unwell and noticed a little pimple on my groin which kept bleeding. I didn’t think anything of it as I often got a rash from shaving. Little did I know that this tiny pimple would almost cost me my life.”
Continues on page 2 below…