I can`t imagine the pain when these two couples had to hospitalize their infants for neonatal herpes. Unfortunately, this disease proves to be too much for one of the babies and the other one is in recovery.
Neonatal herpes is very rare, but it can have devastating consequences for a newborn with an extremely fragile immune system. Sadly, the parents of Marian Sifrit paid the ultimate price and now together with Samantha Rodgers, the mother of the baby in recovery, are speaking out to alert other parents of what can happen when someone caring a virus kisses your baby.
Just six days after Marina was born, her parents had to rush her into the hospital, concerned that she was not waking up. After the doctors ran a few test they`ve found out that the baby had viral meningitis caused by a herpes simplex virus-1. Since both parents tested negative the only conclusion was that the baby got infected after receiving a kiss from a person who carried the HSV-1 virus. Within few days Marina`s organs begun to shut down and she died.
Continues on page 2 below…