In addition here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Make sure you are not distracted, be aware of your surroundings and know where you and who is around you at all time.
2. If you find it scary walking to your car alone at night make sure you hold your phone with 911 ready to go. Once you get in, lock the doors and drive. Also, if you see any other vehicle, like a van or something parked very close to your car or maybe your car has a flat tire or something, the best thing to do is to go to a crowded place and wait for help.
3. When giving someone your address in public make sure you lower your voice. The same things goes when traveling and revealing your hotel or room number.
4. When at parties, pour your own drink if possible and don`t take your eyes off of it.
5. When it`s girls night stay in a group and don`t allow your friend to wander off with someone she just met.